Ant bites can be painful for a few seconds but what is worse is the desire to itch the bite area. The more one itches, the more time the bitten area would take to get better. The venom of the ant bite is quite toxic and causes an immediate burning sensation.
1. One of the efficient home remedies for ant bites is the application of toothpaste on the affected area. This help in the reduction of the pain associated with the problem.
2. Take an aspirin tablet, crush it to create a paste together with water. Next, you apply this paste on your affected skin then let it leave overnight.
3. Make sure to extract fresh gel from aloe vera leaf and evenly apply on the redness and soreness.
4. The acidity found in fruits and vegetable juices and extracts can help us neutralize and sooth the itching and swelling caused by the ants formic acid. You can cut them in half and gently rub its liquids on your ant bite to reduce the swelling and itching.
5. Make a thick paste from baking soda and vinegar and apply it on the stings caused by the ants.
6. The quickest way to prevent swelling on the skin’s surface is to rub an ice cube on the affected area.
7. Mix some vinegar in the water. Apply it on the affected skin to get the results sooner.
8. Squeeze some lemon pieces and get out the juice from it. Now apply it on the affected area of your skin.
9. Mix clay and water to create a paste. Next, you apply it to your irritation area and the surrounding area.
10. Baking soda can also be mixed with water into a paste and then applied on the ant bites.
11. Apply some honey on the bitten area of your skin. Leave it for some time and then rinse off. You will get the benefits soon.
12. Rubbing any product with high alcohol content can be used on ant bites to suppress the action of histamine and prevent the skin from swelling.
13. Rub wet herbal tea bag on the affected part of your skin to get the desired result very soon.
14. Salt is a great home remedy for ant bites. Applying a paste of salt and water on the affected area helps in prevent itching and swelling. Salt also helps in preventing any infection.
15. Only vinegar can also be applied on the bites to get a proper treatment and that too without any side effects.
16. Take a cucumber slice and rub it slightly on your infected skin.
17. Take a clean cotton ball and dab some tea tree oil on it. This should be applied on the ant bites. It will not only relieve the pain but also the itching.
18. Apply apple cider vinegar to the affected area. This helps in controlling the itch and also helps in preventing the infection that can be caused by the ant bites.
19. Create a paste with powdered milk and water in 1:2 ratio. Add a pinch of salt, and apply it to your ant bites. The enzymes containing in the milk powder can help you neutralize the ant’s venom.
20. By using olive oil, your infected area will be relieved. Put some drops of olive oil on a paper towel. Dab it on your bitten area and hold this olive oil towel for 5-7 minutes. Leave the olive oil on your infected area for an hour and a half. Rinse it thoroughly with warm water.
21. Create a paste by mixing corn starch with water. Apply this paste on your ant bites 3-4 times a day.
22. Place a fresh onion slice on your ant bites in order to get a relief from the swelling and redness resulting from ant bites.
23. Dab a few drops of lavender oil on your ant bites every few hours to reduce the pain and swelling from them.
24. Pour some Worcestershire sauce over a paper towel and apply it on your infected area for quick relief.
25. Cut a thin potato slice and place it on your affected area. This will help in reducing the irritation and swelling caused by ant bite.
26. Spray a mixture of peroxide and water on the affected area to reduce the pain, swelling, and itching.
27. Place a cool compress on the area where you were bitten. This will help in alleviating the itching and swelling.
28. Place your affected area under the hot water. At first, you will feel your itch increased, but after a few seconds, you will feel like this itch has been disappeared.
29. Apply hand sanitizer to your affected area liberally after brushing off the ants. Let it rest in place.
30. Dab a few drops of eucalyptus oil on your ant bites every few hours to reduce the pain and swelling from them.
31. As soon as you are bitten, use ammonia to wash the area as quickly as you can.
32. Dab the ant bite with diluted bleach. A solution of half water and half bleach applied to the area can relieve the pain and itching.
33. You can also use clear fingernail polish on ant bites and it will work. It takes a couple of minutes to calm down.
34. A soap bar could be gently pressed and rubbed onto your affected skin areas and spots.