Back to Home

One customer bites worm inside McDonald’s McChicken sandwich


Florida: A female customer is reported to have bitten into a purple worm while eating a McDonald’s sandwich.
The disgusted mum Joyce Fedd, who shocked by viewing the worms was describing about her fast food nightmare experience from McDonald.
Joyce Fedd said that the unwanted ingredient was one of two worms she found inside her McDonald branded McChicken sandwich.
She said that she had ordered two Chicken sandwiches, one each for her two children from a local McDonald’s branch in Jacksonville, Florida.
But, while having it, she had a bad bite into one of them. This made her to experience a nasty taste and then surprised.
Ms Fedd told WJAX-TV that she had ordered two chicken sandwiches for her kids. When she made a bite on it she could experience a very nasty taste. Then she took it out from her mouth and viewed the bitten worm in it.
On closer inspection, Ms Fedd could come across two purple colored worms in her McDonald branded snack.
McDonald’s quickly offered a refund of $3 for the sandwiches which is around £1.97 and apologized. But Ms Fedd was not satisfied by the apology as she had already bitten the worm which generated a nasty taste.
Jim Van Laere, who owned the McDonald’s franchise, told Action News Jacksonville about the need to give top priority on food safety.
He said that he would take such incidents very seriously, as the occurred one is highly unusual.
After the unfortunate incident he ordered a review of the entire kitchen to ensure that such incidents should not happen again.
After the incident, the fast food giant McDonald has claimed that the chicken was provided to them by an independent distributor.
But, according Ms Fedd, it might not be an isolated incident.


Video on the worm bitten by a customer from McDonald’s McChicken Sandwhich